Series of events:
- Leave Academy Plaza in Dublin at 7:15 AM.
- Board AirLink bus stop 747 at 7:35 AM.
- Arrive at Dublin Airport around 7:55 AM.
- Go through clearance and U.S. Customs pre-clearance over the next hour. Or so.
- Board our flight DUB > ORD around 9:10 AM.
- Depart Dublin Airport at 10:12 AM.
- Watch a few movies, take a short nap, and fly back in time, like they do. For 8ish hours.
- Arrive in Chicago at 12:15 PM.
- Find our gate, grab lunch, stay preoccupied during a 5 hour layover.
- Connecting flight pushed from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- Flight delayed again.
- And again.
- And again.
- Gate change + another delay.
- Another gate change.
- Finally board ORD > MSP just before 10:00 PM.
- Pass out on said flight.
- Somehow manage to drive to the hotel feeling sleep deprived and maybe a bit disoriented. Now, I cannot sleep so I’m here, writing this post nearly 25 hours after I woke up. Does it make sense? Eh.
Tomorrow, we head home after a much needed massage and zen hour.
I hope to write one last post closing this series but I may not do it for a few days. I’m going to spend the last couple days of my vacation catching up on sleep and hanging out with a few of my favorite people. Oh, and snuggling up big time with my lil’ bug, Bodhi.
To those that have kept up with reading this incredible adventure of ours, thank you! I’m seriously thinking of doing a solo trip soon. I’ve always wanted to but have been sort of terrified of it. I think I’m ready to conquer it! Where should I go next?!