For the last couple weeks I’d been trying to decide if I should do another “12 Days of Christmas” series like I did last year. Ultimately, I decided against it. P.S. There are now only 2 days until Christmas so I missed the deadline. #slacker
I’ve been working on getting things in order before the clock strikes midnight in a little over a week so I don’t have any loose strings to tie up on January 1. I’m sure that sounds lame with a capital “L” but my brain gets in a cluster if I don’t organize and prioritize things. It’s gotten worse lately but I think that’s because I’ve been trying to mass-organize my life. BUT, because I didn’t participate in the “12 Days of Christmas” this year, I decided to make a “12 ‘Things’ of Christmas” list instead. Below are a list of moments, memories, things I love, and things I’m grateful for this Christmas season and from the year 20-15. I’ll try to keep it short and sweet and by the way, these are in no particular order, actually they are in alphabetical order to show that they are in no particular order. :) Enjoy!
- Channing, My Partner: I don’t know if this is even a topic that I can explain. Channing has grown so much over the last year and I’m so happy that we’ve made it through the hardest times so that we can truly enjoy where we are and where we’ve come from. I wish others felt the same as I do. We had to leave behind a lot of people and keep things to ourselves over the last few years because some people had given up on him. Thank you to those that didn’t.
- Channing’s Drivers License: This is a blessing in disguise but I’m so proud of Channing for pushing through the darkness and helping himself have a better life. It’s more than just a license obviously, but that was the icing on top of the cake that crumbled.
- Family & All It’s Cliches: Mom, Dad, Nick, Logan. Some of them drive me bananas but I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I think I’m the holder-on-to-the-past person in our family. I want so badly for my relationships with my brothers to stay the same but we all live different lives and are growing up and carving out our own paths; it’s hard for me to accept that and accept that the boys don’t need me anymore. My parents, my mom is my best friend. There are no words to explain how grateful I am to have her in my life. She is my person. And dad, well. Dads, dad. <3
- Franklin Bearclaw: Frank is the light of my life right now. I know some people think is super cheesy and maybe even creepy that I love my cat to pieces! Sucks for you if you don’t like animals; I’m a cat mom and I love every bit of it. Frankie makes our days wonderful and it’s such a great feel good feeling to know that we’re his “people.” I just wish that we could have more than one pet so he could have a friend. :)
- Hallmark Movie Channel: This one doesn’t need explaining. The acting is sometimes horrible but the movies are always great. I can’t even count how many Christmas movies I’ve watched in the last month. That must mean I’m doing something right.
- Hard Work + Opportunities: I’ve been lucky enough to have jumped around in my job and at different locations and I am thankful for that. I know that my hard work and dedication plays a major role in the opportunities that I’ve been given but I also know that I sometimes take it for granted. I really do work for a great company!
- Life, In General: Life is good. It’s so easy to complain about everything and everything. Trust me, I’m the first in line to do so but watching all those holiday movies and taking time to sit back and reflect, I have an amazing life. Family, work, Frankie, Channing..the list goes on. I have no major worries. I don’t have any medical issues, no one has died, I’m working on my weight, the most important people in my life are IN. MY. LIFE. I’m happy.
- Little Logan Sunshine: I’m so proud of Lo. He’s stepped up and grown up a lot in the last couple of months. He didn’t really have a choice to be honest, but he’s put on the toughest armor he could find to handle the obstacles he’s been given. He’s about to be a dad and I can’t wait to watch him grow into the role of a father. It makes my heart melt with joy.
- Me: I feel like I’ve grown this year. I’ve come to terms with things that are out of my control and I’ve accepted situations that I just can’t handle. I’m also proud of myself for the determination that I thought I’d lost and for the traveler that I’m allowing myself to become. No one can hold me back in life but myself.
- My Aunt, Krissy: For some reason, she’s always believed that I can achieve my goals not only in life but in health. She’s the only person in my life that has a real before and after and before again and after again story. I hope that I can reach my goals one day so that I can see myself the way she sees me.
- Nieces & Nephews: We never do get enough time in the year to see the sweetest little kiddos in the world but we’ve made more of an effort this year over any in the past to be as present as possible even with the distance. It’s hard to imagine that we ever lived lives without these little humans.
- NyQuil + Vitamin C + Water: I’ve been hit with some kind of respiratory sickness the last week or so but I’m finally getting over it just in time for Christmas. Lots of sleep, VitaminC and NyQuil to knock me out.
Well, thanks for reading! If you’d like to check out my “12 Days of Christmas” series from last year, check it out here. If you’re not already in the holiday spirit, I think you will be after reading. Merry Christmas everyone!